How BEPeterson Meets CRN Pressure Vessel Certification Requirements?November 2, 2016
BEPeterson is a leading supplier of CRN pressure vessels for use by Canadian organizations. Our CRN stamped pressure vessels are used in various industries to store and transport gases, or liquids at varying pressure levels. We assume the entire responsibility for building pressure vessels and tanks for applications based in different provinces.
Basic Introduction to CRN Pressure Vessels
Safety is a priority for any pressure vessel. These vessels may explode under immense pressure. There have been several fatal accidents in the past due to improper pressure vessel design. Thus, design, operation, and manufacturing must be governed by engineering authorities, as well as backed up by government legislation. In Canada, each pressure vessel construction must conform to CRN requirements. The Canadian Registration Number (CRN) is a number issued by each Canadian territory to describe consistent reliable safe design of each pressure vessel. Each CRN number for a pressure vessel comprises:
- 4 digits
- A letter and a decimal point
- 10 digits
- Three additional letters
BEPeterson’s Efforts to meet CRN Pressure Vessel Certification Requirements
BEPeterson is one of the prime suppliers of CRN pressure vessels due to the following reasons:
- Superior Construction: All our pressure vessels are precision engineered using high quality and durable materials, which provide optimal performance in high pressure and temperature conditions. We can deliver pressure vessels in the following materials:
- Stainless steel 316 and 304 series SS
- Hastelloy alloys
- 300 series and high temp SS
- Inconel and Hastelloy
- 2205 and 2507 Duplex SS
- Carbon Steel
- Manufacturing Capabilities: In order to receive a CRN number the manufacturer must maintain a quality system in place. This helps him meet requirements of CSA B51 “Manufacturing of Pressure Vessels as per the ASME U-Stamp or ASME VIII-1”. BEPeterson meets the stringent requirements with its state-of-the-art facility, and certified engineering staff. BEPeterson is ISO-9001 Certified. National Board Certified to ASME Section VIII. Welders and weld procedures certified to ASME Section 9 and AWS D1.1 and D1.6.
We have invested in inspection procedures, which help us meet the individual CRN requirements in each province. Our inspection capabilities include the following:
- He Leak Testing
- Impact Testing
- PMI (Positive Material Identification)
- NDE – MT, PT, and UT
- Ferrite Testing
- Dimensional – Fero Arm
BEPeterson always strives to meet complex pressure vessel requirements of its industrial customers. Our vast experience in designing and building CRN vessels allows us to serve our customers in the process industry effectively. We can provide single province and multiple province CRNs for OEM distribution.
BEP & Pressure Vessel MarketJan 28, 2021
VP of Business Development Dan Szczurko joins the podcast to discuss the pressure vessel business & market segmentation. Furthermore, he gives an overview of the sales process from a customer's perspective.