Things to Know About Vacuum ChambersMay 16, 2018
When you think about vacuum chambers, what comes to your mind first? You might be envisaging huge chambers or vessels that are used to store vacuum at high pressures. These chambers come in various configurations and have several components and features. Vacuum chambers are mainly used in a wide range of product testing applications. A specific environmental or atmospheric condition is created and maintained in the vacuum vessel and the product is analyzed in a stressful condition. At times, these vessels are used along with several different types of accessories. This allows them to be used for testing a large variety of products by simulating various environmental and atmospheric conditions. While constructing custom vacuum chambers, there are certain design considerations that are needed to be considered for proper chamber function. What are these design considerations? Where are these chambers used? Read this post to get a complete understanding of this type of industrial equipment.
What are the Important Design Considerations for Vacuum Chambers?
If designed properly, vacuum chambers have the capability to deliver proper and repeatable functionality. Here are some design considerations that you should bear in mind:
1. Shape of the Vacuum Chamber: The shape of the vacuum vessel depends upon the application for which it is going to be used. A vacuum chamber can be manufactured in the following shapes:
- Cylindrical with domed ends
2. Material Selection: Selecting the right material for constructing a vacuum vessel is of utmost importance. You should avoid using porous and low quality materials for manufacturing purpose. The most suitable materials for the construction of vacuum chamber are given in the next section of this post.
3. Design of the Structural Components: The reliability of the vacuum chamber depends on the structural components used. Structural components, such as stiffeners, stands, fasteners, hinges, and lifting points should be considered while designing a vacuum chamber.
4. Proper Surface Finish: It is very important to have a clean chamber with good surface finish. The areas of the chamber that are exposed to vacuum should have a non-porous surface.
Which Materials Can Be Used to Manufacture Vacuum Chambers?
Vacuum chambers can be manufactured in a variety of materials. The strength of the material is an important consideration for vacuum chamber construction. Following are some commonly used materials:
- Stainless Steel
- Carbon Steel
What are the Uses of Vacuum Chambers?
Vacuum chambers are among the most important equipment in various industries and are used in a wide range of applications. Following are some key application areas of these chambers:
- Vacuum Encapsulation
- Space Simulation
- Defense Research
- Vacuum Drying
- Vacuum Sealing
- Atmospheric Simulation
- Product Testing
All the information given above will help in constructing a good quality custom vacuum chamber for your industrial requirements. However, it is always a good thought to take help from the experts, who have extensive experience in manufacturing vacuum vessels. BEPeterson is one such expert whom you can trust for manufacturing highly efficient vacuum chambers. BEPeterson is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company and has manufactured vacuum chambers and vacuum furnaces for many applications. Let BEPeterson help make your next project worry free and buy with confidence.