Custom ASME Ammonia Tanks
Ammonia is a potentially dangerous chemical requiring either high-pressure storage vessels or low temperature refrigerated vessels. Safe storage of large volumes of ammonia can be accomplished using properly manufactured vessels built to strict code compliance. BEPeterson is a leading ammonia tank manufacturer. We provide custom fabrication of ammonia storage tanks that conform to customer-supplied specifications.
Best Practices at BEPeterson
We utilize cutting-edge technologies and best practices to ensure that our products are safe and increase application efficiency. No matter which industry you belong to, our products will be an invaluable asset to your organization.
- International Standard Compliance
- All vessels meet all applicable codes and standards (ASME, PED, and CRN).
- As a trusted ammonia tank manufacturer, BEPeterson delivers products with on time delivery, and to certified ISO 9001 quality standards.
- Cutting-edge Welding Processes
- BEPeterson uses modern welding equipment, including submerged arc, which provides efficient and smooth welding of ammonia tanks.
- We meet the most sophisticated weld procedures using TIG, MIG, SAW, SMAW, FCAW with a variety of wire and fluxes.
- Qualified ASME Welders and an extensive radiographic capability support all types of ASME Section VIII code construction.
- Our welding capability is supported by a weld-engineering group consisting of multiple CWIs, and in-process weld inspectors.
- Rigorous Testing & Inspection
Every shell and tube heat exchanger is fully documented and inspected by authorized ASME Inspectors.
- Detailed Reports
BEPeterson provides full documentation, material test certificates, RT, and hydro test reports prior to shipment.
Sizing Anhydrous Ammonia Storage Tanks
We manufacture ammonia tanks keeping in mind, the different physical states, and behavior of ammonia gas,. Ammonia tank fabrication is performed to ensure maximum safety and reliability. The following factors are taken into consideration when manufacturing standard or custom ammonia tanks:
- At 60°F, anhydrous ammonia liquid weighs approximately 5 pounds per gallon.
- 5 SCF of ammonia vapor and 45 SCR of dissociated ammonia gas is generated by a pound of liquid anhydrous ammonia.
- A storage tank is designed keeping in mind that only 85% of its volume can be utilized. (Since the gas expands, vapor space of 15% is maintained to ensure safe storage and operations.)
BEPeterson’s ammonia tanks are used in the following industries:
- Power Stations
- Chemical Plants
- Petrochemical Plants
- Petroleum Refineries
BEPeterson has garnered a loyal client base because of superior products designed and manufactured with minute attention to detail. Our standard and custom ammonia tanks are used in critical applications. Known for our reliability and efficiency, BEPeterson’s ammonia tanks are preferred over competitor products. With helpful and knowledgeable staff, on-time delivery, and competitive pricing, BEPeterson provides their clients with the best products in the industry. For improved operational safety, BEPeterson’s ammonia tanks are the answer.