Why Stainless Steel Water Tanks are Preferred over Plastic Tanks?June 17, 2019
There are a wide variety of water storage tanks available in the market. These can be purchased in varied specifications, as well as material of construction. However, whatever options are available in the market, most buyers always prefer to buy stainless steel water storage tanks or plastic tanks. Both stainless steel and plastic tanks have their own peculiar properties, making them a popular choice for water storage applications. Although it is difficult to say which is better than the other, this post attempts to list few advantages of stainless steel storage tanks over plastic storage tanks.
Why Stainless Steel Tanks Over Plastic Tanks
Although both stainless steel tanks and plastic tanks are popular these days, the stainless steel material outperforms their plastic models in several ways. These are discussed below.
- Stainless steel water tanks guarantee safe and clean storage of water as their interior does not breed algae.
- Compared to their plastic variant, stainless steel tanks possess a longer service life. They are impact, fire, and corrosion resistant.
- Stainless steel tanks do not require much maintenance compared to plastic tanks.
- Steel tanks can be fabricated with specialized coating/finishes to augment their rust resistance, especially when used in corrosive applications.
- Compared to plastic tanks, stainless steel tanks can be fabricated to higher capacity.
- Plastic tanks are susceptible to leaks, however, stainless steel water storage tanks are not. Moreover, plastic tanks are prone to expansion and contraction depending on the changes in climatic temperature.
- Since stainless steel tanks are rough and tough and sturdy in construction, they are safe to move without causing any damage. However, extra care must be taken during the transit of plastic tanks as they might get damaged while being lifted by a forklift.
- Stainless steel tanks can be easily recycled compared to plastic tanks.
As can be seen from the above points, a good quality stainless steel water tank has many more advantages than a plastic water tank. There are several water tank manufacturers who specialize in customizing stainless steel tanks to suit every household, business, industrials or agricultural need, among others. Hence, choosing a reliable stainless steel water tank fabricator is utmost important as the right decision reflects in the quality of the product being purchased. Keeping this in mind, we recommend partnering with BEPeterson, one of the leading stainless steel water tank manufacturers who is ISO 9001:2015 and ASME certified. The company is a custom water tank fabricator who can fabricate custom water storage tanks in varied sizes to fulfill your application requirements.