Posted 2 months ago
BE Peterson, Inc., an established custom-designed metal fabrication company, is looking for a Mechanical Engineer I to join our team. We are experiencing growth, and need the right people to grow with us. We offer competitive wages, an excellent benefits package, and flexible hours in an employee-centric environment.
Tasks, Objectives & Responsibilities:
- Work & learn from experienced Engineers to develop skills and knowledge
- Create Models and drawings using SolidWorks
- Generate all required drawings, weld maps and bills of materials
- Develop job travelers with detailed manufacturing operations
- Develop and perform time studies and process capabilities for manufacturing.
- Work to identify areas for process improvement and cost savings
- Assist purchasing and estimating with sourcing material and subcontract services
- Review project specifications a SOW’s to develop designs to BEP and industry standards
- Collaborate with Operations & Quality in providing customers with on time delivery of high-quality products
- Support sales team to review customer’s designs
- Work with customers to develop designs and reduce costs.
- Work on other projects and company initiatives as required
- General understanding of metal fabrication including machining, drilling, turning, milling, cutting, bending & welding
- Proficiency with SolidWorks 3D modeling software
- Able to perform well on projects independently with guidance of others or as part of a team.
- Professional and clear communication in all mediums
- Strong work ethic & willingness to learn
- Adaptability and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with MS office
- 2D drafting experience
- Experience with ERP systems
- Experience with ASME VIII, ASME B31.1, ASME B31.3
- GD&T Experience
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) experience
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering – Mechanical, Materials (Associates Degree with Work Experience)
- 1-3 Years Work Experience is preferred but not required.