BE Peterson, Inc., an established custom-designed metal fabrication company, is looking for a Mechanical Engineer II to join our team. We are experiencing growth, and need the right people to grow with us. We offer competitive wages, an excellent benefits package, and flexible hours in an employee-centric environment.
Tasks, Objectives & Responsibilities:
- Work & learn from senior and management level personnel to further develop skills and knowledge
- Responsible for creating job documentation including models, drawings, BOM’s, job plans, and weld maps
- Develop and perform time studies and process capabilities for manufacturing.
- Work to identify areas for process improvement and cost savings
- Assist purchasing and estimating with sourcing material and subcontract services
- Review project specifications a SOW’s to develop designs to BEP and industry standards
- Support Operations & Quality in providing customers with on time delivery of high-quality products
- Liaise with ASME Authorized Inspector (AI) for inspections and design approval signoffs
- Support sales team to review customer’s designs
- Work with customers to develop designs and reduce costs.
- Work on other projects and company initiatives as required
- Metal fabrication Knowledge including machining, drilling, turning, milling, cutting, bending & welding
- Experience applying ASME B&PV code ASME VIII DIV 1 to pressure vessel design
- Experience using ASME code calculation software for pressure vessel design (Compress, PV Elite or similar)
- Identifies areas for design improvements and communicates ideas with management and customers as required
- Ability to work independently and self-check work when needed.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks 3D modeling software
- Experience with ERP systems
- Professionalism in all communication mediums
- Strong work ethic & willingness to learn
- Adaptability and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with MS office
- 2D drafting experience
- Experience with Additional ASME Codes including: ASME B31.1, ASME B31.3
- Experience with nesting software
- GD&T Experience
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) experience
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering – Mechanical, Materials
- 4+ years of experience