Skids are primarily portable, self-contained units, that can house an entire process assembly in a manufacturing plant. Skid assemblies contain the entire equipment, piping, and machinery required for a process to run from start to finish. It does not need to be installed on the factory floor. These are extremely beneficial for certain types of plant processes. BEPeterson has expertise in making skid assemblies for them. They offer complete end-to-end services from design and fabrication of structural frames along with the installation of vessels, piping, pumps and electrical equipment. The following post discusses the details of skid assemblies, their benefits, and common application areas.
BEPeterson’s Skid Assemblies
BEPeterson has been in the market for almost 85 years. The company has installed systems for clients in diverse industries and are expert service providers of skid assemblies. They offer the following installations in a skid assembly:
- Wiring and insulations
- Instrumentation and controls
- Junction boxes
- Machines and equipment (as per the application)
- Piping and steel structures
The number of modules may be one or more depending upon the requirements. Multiple modules are developed for large areas. The company has a state-of-the-art facility where these skids are assembled and tested. The area of one skid may be around 4*4 or 5*5 meters. The height may be up to 35 meters. With an expertise in fabrication and a controlled environment the company accurately designs skids and meets client requirements. BEPeterson is an ISO 9001:2015 and ASME certified company.
Benefits of Skid Assemblies
An entire manufacturing process gets distributed into several units in a skid assembly. Here are some beneficial features of a skid assembly:
- The main advantage of a skid assembly is that it can be manufactured at the service provider’s facility and then easily transported at the client’s plant to be used as is This process does not require unloading or dissembling making it suitable for small- and medium-sized units. Carrying heavy infrastructure to the client’s site would otherwise be challenging.
- They are portable and can be readily moved in case of any requests to change location.
- Skid designs fit well and function in compact areas.
- You can do factory accepted testing (FAT) at the service provider’s facility to check the functionality. As there are no compatibility issues, this testing can be done before the unit is shipped to the client’s plant.
- In a skid design all the connections in the process are consolidated in one place unlike in a traditional setup.
- Reduced production downtime and disruption at the actual site.
Application Areas of Skid Assemblies
Skid assemblies are excellent for industries with a heavy infrastructure incorporated into a small- to medium-sized unit in terms of area and height. Here are some of the application areas:
- Power generation
- Food & Beverages
- Facilities management in residential and commercial townships
- Oil & gas
- Wastewater treatment
- Pulp & paper
- Transportation systems
If you are the OEM in power generation, wastewater, or any other relevant industry which requires an extensive infrastructure you can opt for skid assemblies. Ensure you get them made from a reliable manufacturer and service provider who can understand your requirements. BEPeterson has a vast expertise in metal fabrication. They are known for their pressure vessels, tanks, and modular skid assemblies, which are provided in custom configurations to meet application requirements.