Industrial storage tanks are ruggedly built containers that are designed to meet the customers’ biggest challenge of storing corrosive liquids, chemicals, and other media. They are available in a wide range of sizes, shapes, and specifications as per the storage requirements. Available in stainless steel and carbon steel materials, industrial storage tanks aid in bulk storing of liquids and chemicals for a long or short period of time. Amongst the widest selections of storage tanks available, it is critical to choose the right one after considering the operating temperature, corrosion attack, pH/acidic levels, and other operating conditions exist in the application areas. To help you with the selection process, this post discusses the two types of tanks that are specially designed to stock the hard to store sensitive and corrosive items such as ammonia and glycol.
Glycol and Ammonia Storage Tanks
Both ammonia and glycol storage tanks are created under tight regulations to assure safe and easy handling of the contents stored. These storage tanks are manufactured from the most appropriate materials to withstand corrosion, heavy impact, and puncture that could lead to an environmental disaster. Let’s talk about glycol and ammonia storage tanks in brief.
- Ammonia Storage Tanks: Built in accordance with the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, these tanks help store large volumes of potentially dangerous ammonia to customer-supplied specifications. The tanks are provided with all safety accessories like internal valves and excess flow valves safety fittings after analysing the different physical state, and behavior of the ammonia gas. These stainless steel tanks assure maximum safety and performance level when storing corrosive chemicals.
- Glycol Storage Tanks: Storing of ethylene glycol, which is a stable, non-corrosive chemical, is much easier and safe fabricated from either carbon steel or stainless steel materials. Double wall tanks can also be offered as an option. These tanks are ruggedly built using quality-tested materials. Glycol storage tanks are manufactured in compliance with industrial best practices and standards, and thus can be successfully installed in all types of weather. The tanks can also be custom designed to meet the unique and rigorous conditions in the application areas. These industrial storage tanks are widely established for their environmentally-friendly design using the right welding procedures, adherence to international quality standards, and durable construction utilizing stainless steel, lined carbon steel, and carbon steel.
These time-tested and performance-driven ammonia and glycol storage tanks consistently keep their position as a valuable commodity in the following application areas:
- Power Stations
- Chemical Plants
- Paper Manufacturing Plants
- Petroleum Refineries
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Units
- Natural Gas Refining plants
- Air Conditioning Systems
- Acid Neutralization
- Water Treatment
Having said the importance of storing ammonia and glycol safely for a short or long time, it is important to procure the ASME storage tanks from leading manufacturers who utilize uncompromising craftsmanship in industrial tanks making. With superior engineering skills, state-of-the-art equipment, and highly skilled fabricators, BEPeterson provides you with innovative ASME, PED or CRN storage tanks to meet your liquid storage challenges. The company has been providing custom storage tanks with field- proven performance for several years. Being one of the trusted carbon steel and stainless steel storage tanks manufacturer in the market, the company is also committed to deliver quality custom storage tanks in a short turnaround times.